- 225g butter, softened
- 110g Caster sugar
- 275g Plain flour
- Optional – add one teaspoon of the spice of your choice (cinnamon, mixed spice, ginger, etc)
- Preheat the oven at 170C (160 fan gas mark 3).
- Cream the butter in a large bowl or in a food mixer until it is soft. Add the sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour into the mixture and add spices (if using). Bring the mixture together until it forms a dough.
- Using your hands, make walnut sized balls and place them slightly apart from each other on a. Flatten the balls with the back of a fork and bake them in the oven for around 15 mins until they are golden brown and slightly firm on top.
- Place the biscuits onto a cooling rack and leave them there for around 15 mins.
Once completely cool package in an air tight containe