Makes 20 – 30 depending on Size. These don’t look exciting but they taste amazing!
- 200g self raising flour
- 100g butter, softened
- 150g mature cheddar cheese grated (at room temperature)
- Pinch of Caynenne Pepper
- Few turns of Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground dried mustard
- 25 to 30 large pimento stuffed/stoned olives
- Preheat the oven to 200C (180 C fan Gas 4) Grease a baking tray.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, butter and cheese and seasonings (optional). Make into a small balls with your hands (roughly meatball sized) then slip an olive into the centre of the ball and close the dough around it so it is covered.
- Arrange on the prepared baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely
- Pack in an airtight container
These will keep for a week. If they go a bit soggy they can be warmed in a low oven. I doubt they’ll last that long though!